Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assigning Tool Numbers

How or where do you assign a Tool number to a Tool/TCP in RoboDK?
We are integrating a Yaskaw GP110
We have multiple Spindle tools, and we need to assign them a number so that we can put in unique tool offsets in our final program.
If you have a numbered tool in RoboDK (for example "Tool 2"), some post processors automatically assign the tool to a numbered tool in your controller instead of setting the tool coordinates you have defined in RoboDK.

As of today, this is the default behavior for Yaskawa/Motoman, Fanuc and KUKA robots.

Even if you use a numbered tool you should make sure the TCP you entered in RoboDK is close to the definition you have in the robot controller.
(08-10-2021, 11:28 PM)Albert Wrote: If you have a numbered tool in RoboDK (for example "Tool 2"), some post processors automatically assign the tool to a numbered tool in your controller instead of setting the tool coordinates you have defined in RoboDK.

As of today, this is the default behavior for Yaskawa/Motoman, Fanuc and KUKA robots.

Even if you use a numbered tool you should make sure the TCP you entered in RoboDK is close to the definition you have in the robot controller.

Thanks again for the quick response.
I just figured that out, and the fact that I was using the wrong Motoman post processor didn't help.  All that was solved when, we named the tool properly, and modified Motoman Cartesian Post to match with my robot settings.