Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

F3 Options window text size

Hi I have a strange problem that's emerged overnight with my RoboDK install.

I haven't intentionally changed any setting but the text size in my options windows that you can open with F3 on any object is suddenly huge to the point where the software is almost unusable as it takes up almost the entire workspace.

I can change the size of text in the tree and the toolbar but these seem to be unrelated parameters.

I'm sure it's a simple fix but need some help.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm assuming that the moderators / support in the forum don't have a solution?
This issue happens with high DPI screens. More specifically, if you have 2 screen with different DPI.

I recommend you to start RoboDK by double clicking this file:
C:/RoboDK/RoboDK-Start-ScaleHighDPI.bat

This will give you consistent scaling in RoboDK. You can edit the file and update the scale factor to 1 instead of 2:
set QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1

Let me know if you can make it work or not.

Albert
I've just emailed you as well but I can confirm that the scale factor isn't helping as it rescales all text as opposed to just the text in the F3 options and toolbar.

The text in the tree and the standard Windows window text (File, Edit etc.) are not affected.
One of my students had this issue once because his "main screen" (for Windows) was his laptop 4k screen and he was running RoboDK on his second screen at 1080p.

We fixed the issue by simply having the 1080p screen as the "main screen" according to Windows.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I don't actually run a 2nd screen on this laptop. Do you think I need to reinstall?
Try this first:

Close RoboDK

Go to C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\RoboDK
Delete the content of the folder.

Restart RoboDK
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Great thanks! That did the trick. It seems strange that my layout settings changed but just glad to be back to normal.

Appreciate the help

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with me running games on the laptop at a different screen resolution while robodk is minimised in the background...

Otherwise I really have no idea to help you guys understand what might have happened
We'll keep that information in mind.
Thanks for the feedback.

Jeremy