Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modify kinematic parameters dynamically or create targets as variables
Hello,

Is there any workaround to modify kinematic parameters dynamically? I have the measurements and I know the deviation of each robot joint during the warm-up period and I would like to modify the kinematic parameters as a function of time or temperature. Or it is possible to create the targets as variables (via script or a modified post processor ?). 

What I am trying to achieve is to correct the robot targets or joint values during the warm-up period in hope of improving at least a little the robot's repeatability or precision. 

Does anyone knows if it is possible to add such a parameter in the robot programming file (external temperature or at least a time counter from the robot start) and create some variables function of these?

Best regards,
Cozmin
Hi Cozmin,

Take a look at this: https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...t-model-dh

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello again,

I am still struggling a little with trying to modify some kinematic parameters of IRB 140 robot. Is there any way to model a mechanism that has more parameters ? What I mean is I have placed the reference frame of each joint as close as I could in their real positions.  That means reference frames are not all aligned in a middle plane.

Do you think is any workaround to create such mechanism and compute inverse-kinematic?
Check attached images, it will be much clear what I mean.

Thank you,
Cozmin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)