Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK Driver Issues using the Fanuc R-J3iB controller

Hello,

I am trying to run Fanuc M6-iB robot with R-J3iB controller using RoboDK. The core software version is Handling Tool 6.4, Socket Messaging (including MSG_CONNECT, MSG_DISCO) and PC Interface options are properly installed. However, it seems that the file RDK_S3.pc from the folder V6-V7-V8, which needs to be copied to the controller can't be recognized, because it is compiled in a higher version of the Karel runtime (version too new error).  Other TP files that need to be copied are readable except the GO_PROG.TP. 

Is it possible to find the RDK_S3 Karel source project and tweak it a bit so that it would compatible with older R-J3iB? 

Thanks, 
Alex
Hi Alex,

Did you manage to resolve the driver and GO_PROG.TP loading issue?  I am having the same problem at the moment.  Software Version 6.30 (Spot Tool).

Regards,

Andrew
Do you have an Ethernet port on your controller? It is better if you contact us by email so we can help you better troubleshoot and share the source code of the driver if needed.
Email sent
(10-19-2021, 04:46 PM)Albert Wrote: Do you have an Ethernet port on your controller? It is better if you contact us by email so we can help you better troubleshoot and share the source code of the driver if needed.

Hi Albert,  Did you receive my email?

Thanks,

Andrew
Hi all. 

Is there anyone out there or any way out there to get hold of the source code for the Karel driver?  Also a copy of the go_prog as an .ls file?

Try as I might I cannot get any of the .PC versions to load nor can I get the go_prog.tp to load. All othe .tp files load just fine..

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Hi Andrew, I sent you an email. Albert
could i get the karel source of rdk_s3.pc, too?
I want to run go_prog.tp while running rsk_s3.pc, too.
The go_prog program is executed automatically when you trigger a program call from RoboDK. You can customize go_prog as needed based on the program number.

Also, you can configure the driver to trigger program calls by name on the Fanuc controller as well.
(11-01-2021, 03:40 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Andrew, I sent you an email. Albert

Hello,
I'm trying to establish an online connection between RoboDK (V5.6.3.23664) and a FANUC M-710iB 45 robot arm with a FANUC system R-3iB controller. Under MENU > STATUS > SOFTWARE I've read the following (relevant) items:
/ --- --- --- SOFTWARE: --- --- --- ID:
1 --- --- --- FANUC Handeling Tool --- --- --- 7D82/54
2 --- --- --- S/W Serial No. --- --- --- 88150
3 --- --- --- Controller ID --- --- --- E-12752
9 --- --- --- Software Edition No. --- --- --- V6.30P/54
10 --- --- --- Boot MONITOR --- --- --- V6.4000
11 --- --- --- Teach Pendant --- --- --- 7D01/09I

So I've assumed my software version is V6.
I've uploaded the necessary files for the RoboDK driver, as described in the online RoboDK documentation (go_mc.tp, go_mj.tp, go_ml.tp, go_prog.tp and RDK_S3.PC), to the robot via FTP. I was only able to write the go_mc.tp, go_mj.tp and go_ml.tp to the "md:" directory, but I was able to write all the files to the "FRA:" directory.
However, when I tried to copy or move the files from the "FRA:" to the "mc:" directory on the teach pendant, I get an error message "Illegal device name".
When I try to load the RDK_S3.PC file directly from the "FRA:" directory, I get an error message "Program version is too new". For the go_prog.tp file, I get an error message "could not load file FRA:\GO_PROG.TP" .
I've searched the RoboDK forum for an answer and this topic describe the exact same problem.

Has anyone got a solution to get this robot arm moving via the online programming? Would it be possible to share the karel source of RDK_S3.pc?
I've sent some mails via info@robodk.com and via the contact form (Request support) in the RoboDK software, but I've still no answer from the tech team..