Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KUKA KRC1 post processor

Hello
is there is any post processor for KUKa Krc1 used on robotdk!!
Currently there is no post processor for KUKA KRC1 controllers. I recommend you to try the KRC2 post processor, it should be close to what you need.

Let us know if you need any changes to make it compatible for KRC1 KUKA controllers.
(11-12-2019, 01:41 PM)Albert Wrote: Currently there is no post processor for KUKA KRC1 controllers. I recommend you to try the KRC2 post processor, it should be close to what you need.

Let us know if you need any changes to make it compatible for KRC1 KUKA controllers.

hello albert,
i want to ask if you got the chance to work on this: post processor for KUKa Krc1 used on robotdk
or if there's any solution, we have robodk and we have kuka krc1 wich accept .src and .dat files instead of one src file

any luck?
regards
Pierre
Hi Pierre,
You can try the KUKA KRC2 DAT post processor and see if it works.
Minor changes can be needed, let us know if you have any error message on the teach pendant using the KRC2 DAT post processor.

Have a great day.
Jeremy
hello dear Jeremy
i tried to do an empty file just select kuka robot and generate output src and dat from robotdk, when i copied to kuka computer, the filemanager  pendant shows the files as txt and didn't work, i will take some pictures and send it to you, no error messages but the seems not compiled, i will send you also krc1 src and dat files created on by the robot itself as new file to compare headers
the test2.dat and test2.src are both generated by the kuka itself.
the prog1.dat and prog1.src are generated by robodk cnc file test1 dxf.rdk

[attachment=657 Wrote:turbofox pid='4218' dateline='1574093339']hello dear Jeremy
i tried to do an empty file just select kuka robot and generate output src and dat from robotdk, when i copied to kuka computer, the filemanager  pendant shows the files as txt and didn't work, i will take some pictures and send it to you, no error messages but the seems not compiled, i will send you also krc1 src and dat files created on by the robot itself as new file to compare headers
the test2.dat and test2.src are both generated by the kuka itself.
the prog1.dat and prog1.src are generated by robodk cnc file test1 dxf.rdk

Attached Files
.src   Prog1.src (Size: 1.47 KB / Downloads: 520)
.zip   files.zip (Size: 247.5 KB / Downloads: 474)
Would it be possible for you to tell us what changes you would need from one of our KRC2 post processors?
We can then provide you with a post processor compatible with KRC1 KUKA robots.

Albert
(11-18-2019, 10:47 PM)Albert Wrote: Would it be possible for you to tell us what changes you would need from one of our KRC2 post processors?

Albert

Hi Albert
I am working with Pierre on the same problem, today i generate a file from robotdk with one single move(prog3) & there was a compilation error & then i generate another file from the kuka software (test1 move) to see the difference & it realize it in the definition of the axis so i copy the definition of the motion from the file generated by the kuka software & replace it by the definition of the motion on the file generated by the robotdk & the file work fine(prog4).
so we need a modification in the post processor. I will send pictures where i highlighted the things that i change.
best regards

(11-19-2019, 08:19 PM)tonyyouness Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:47 PM)Albert Wrote: Would it be possible for you to tell us what changes you would need from one of our KRC2 post processors?

Albert

Hi Albert
I am working with Pierre on the same problem, today i generate a file from robotdk with one single move(prog3) & there was a compilation error & then i generate another file from the kuka software (test1 move) to see the difference & it realize it in the definition of the axis so i copy the definition of the motion from the file generated by the kuka software & replace it by the definition of the motion on the file generated by the robotdk & the file work fine(prog4).
so we need a modification in the post processor. I will send pictures where i highlighted the things that i change.
best regards

these are the pictures
I assume you use the KUKA KRC2 DAT post processor as a starting point. I attached a post processor to match the joint movements (PTP) with the sample file you provided. We may also need to update the linear movements (LIN). If you can provide a sample file modifying linear movements and/or other commands we can improve this post.

Attached Files
.zip   KUKA_KRC1_DAT.zip (Size: 7.22 KB / Downloads: 506)

.src   test1move.src (Size: 2.23 KB / Downloads: 506)

.src   test1move.src (Size: 2.23 KB / Downloads: 506)
(11-20-2019, 04:42 PM)Albert Wrote: I assume you use the KUKA KRC2 DAT post processor as a starting point. I attached a post processor to match the joint movements (PTP) with the sample file you provided. We may also need to update the linear movements (LIN). If you can provide a sample file modifying linear movements and/or other commands we can improve this post.

I already use thie KUKA KRC2 DAT one the things that need to be changed is the definition of the axis ex:(A1 to x ,, B1 to y) on the Dat file generated

I will send a file generated by the Kuka itself

Attached Files
.txt   test1movedat.txt (Size: 1.9 KB / Downloads: 461)
.txt   test1movesrc.txt (Size: 2.23 KB / Downloads: 525)
I only see PTP movements in the files you provided. It would help if you can provide the changes you need to do starting from the existing post processor I sent in my previous message.