Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems generating arc movements from Autodesk Fusion 360

Dear Albert, 

I have potentially identified a problem with trajectory generation from APT obtained
from Autodesk Fusion360. Generated code by RoboDK contains senseless arc trajectories
as shown in the picture "Problematic_arc"

The first problematic arc is in folder qk_1_r22 in start.pgx on line: 449.
Arc from points: 203, 204, 205

The program runs on Staubli Controller CS8C with no problems until this arc, then it ends up with this message
"Staubli_arc_error_message"

Based on Staubli documentation arcs must be specified using free points A,B,C according to 
"Staubli_arcs_definition" with 180deg max between A-B and B-C points, that this case violates.
We consider these points to be improperly generated. It is surprising that the intermediate generated point B is not in the "middle" of points A and C.

I tried to avoid the existing problem by tuning arcs generation but the program still contains small arcs.

When I tried to set the Maximum Arc Size (mm) to 0.01 mm RoboDK collapses without a warning upon using "Generate Robot Program".

Could you please check out on our findings, is it a bug or did I mess up the setup?

Best Regards from Czech Technical University in Prague,
Martin

Attached:

- APT from Fusion360
- RoboDK Project
- Generated VAL3 Project by "Staubli VAL3" postprocessor
- Printscreens

Attached Files
.apt   qk_1_r.apt (Size: 2.75 MB / Downloads: 20)
.rdk   CiircRX160_v17_qk_linear.rdk (Size: 17.75 MB / Downloads: 20)
.zip   Mainqk_1_r.zip (Size: 5.09 MB / Downloads: 18)
You can invert arcs by checking this option:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the CAM tab
  3. Activate the option Invert arcs automatically
Then, you can import the APT file again.

If the issue persists, can you generate a smaller APT file that better shows this issue?