Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Automatic tool changers in RoboDK

Hi RBE, 

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. 

Do you mean to be able, using a python script, to include/change instruction in an existing RDK GUI program ? Like in your example, add a new Show/Hide instruction after the last MoveL of the ''Grinder Tool Attach''. 

Or 
Do you simply mean, creating a python script and being able to execute it directly from RDK without opening the script itself ? 

Or maybe I'm all wrong...

Jeremy
(11-01-2018, 02:04 PM)I think the bit of understanding that may be missing is how to achieve the equivalent of the simulation event "attach" in the python API. To do this simply use setparent or setparentstatic.The parent in this case would be the robot and the child the tool or object you want to attach.To achieve the equivalent of detach use the same function but select the frame you want the tool to be a child of after being detached from the robot. Jeremy Wrote: Hi RBE, 

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. 

Do you mean to be able, using a python script, to include/change instruction in an existing RDK GUI program ? Like in your example, add a new Show/Hide instruction after the last MoveL of the ''Grinder Tool Attach''. 

Or 
Do you simply mean, creating a python script and being able to execute it directly from RDK without opening the script itself ? 

Or maybe I'm all wrong...

Jeremy