Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fanuc MOTN-017 Axis Error When Running the TP Program

Thank you Albert! It took RoboDK a few seconds to accurately reflect the changes but everything seems to be working as intended now. I was able to create, load and run a simple program on my robot without any axis limit errors. Thanks again!
Excellent, thank you for your feedback!
Hey Albert, 

I'm reposting in this old thread because we're running into issues with our joint limits again. I've attached a RDK file that will showcase the issue. Basically, we are trying to cut flanges off of a part using the T7653XS and T7563YS programs. We need the XS program in a specific orientation to avoid hitting the part while cutting. In the simulation, we hit joint limits which prevents us from getting the cut we need. I tried rotating the wrist 90 degrees yaw in either direction, export the program and then manually update points to have the correct orientation and that seemed to work. That also indicates that the chart we made a while back doesn't seem to be exactly right. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Attached Files
.rdk   7563 Fresh Start Sq Wave Test NEW.rdk (Size: 5.22 MB / Downloads: 80)
It looks like you are trying to work too close to the robot and joint one has to turn almost 180 deg to reach the target. Are you able to decrease limits for joint 3 even more? If so, I recommend you to do so. You can extend the joint range by double clicking on the limits of joint 3 and enter the correct points that define the workspace of the joint 2 and joint 3 interactions.