Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lines on product not showing up

(12-12-2022, 09:36 AM)Albert Wrote: Can you share your 3D models?

i have now tried it on a different machine where it worked before as well, where i'm seeing the same issue: the lines are not showing up.

here is the file in question: 
.sld   banen-op-Bad-Lago.sld (Size: 655.5 KB / Downloads: 146)

edit: so it's probably the fact that it is an .sld file isn't it? i only realized it wasn't .STP format just now. now trying it with an STP file causes RoboDK to crash though..
You should load a STEP or IGES file so that the settings I mention have an effect. Renaming the file extension from SLD to STP or any other format will likely provoke a crash or an unexpected behavior.

If you have a 3D model loaded in RoboDK you can create curves from the model by using this option:
  1. Tools-Create curves
  2. Move your mouse over an edge and you'll see a preview of the curve that will be created when you click
Also, you can select Program-Teach targets on surface to create a toolpath from surface points.
(12-12-2022, 11:24 AM)Albert Wrote: You should load a STEP or IGES file so that the settings I mention have an effect. Renaming the file extension from SLD to STP or any other format will likely provoke a crash or an unexpected behavior.

If you have a 3D model loaded in RoboDK you can create curves from the model by using this option:
  1. Tools-Create curves
  2. Move your mouse over an edge and you'll see a preview of the curve that will be created when you click
Also, you can select Program-Teach targets on surface to create a toolpath from surface points.

fist off, thank you for all of your guys' quick replies! 

that i understand, and i will talk to the person who sent me the file and said it would be possible if he has the same file but in STP format.

i didn't simply rename the file however. i tried opening a file that was already in the STP format. after opening it it shows the part with thick blue outlines, the part then dissapears except for the name and reference frame, sometimes it'll show the part again. but all of the times I tried to open it again it causes the program to crash. 
i tried editing the path settings you mentioned before to see if that was causing a crash, but that doesn't make a difference.

like i said, i'll try to get the same file but in STP format and try again, but I'm worried it might just crash again.

teaching the path from surface points has proven itself to be a time hungry undertaking though, therefore we wanted to work with finishing lines already included in the drawing.
If you can send us the file that provoked the crash we can better take a look on our end and fix the crash...

Thank you for your feedback!
(12-12-2022, 04:26 PM)Albert Wrote: If you can send us the file that provoked the crash we can better take a look on our end and fix the crash...

Thank you for your feedback!

good morning, 

i figured it was a crash caused by trying to load the part fully, I since then changed the settings to no longer display curve points, that seems to have fixed it. 

thank you guys for your help. If I ever run in to trouble in the future, I'll know where to find you!
Great, thank you for your feedback!