Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR10e - How best to overcome file size limitation

(10-23-2023, 06:32 PM)Albert Wrote: The automatic splitting of long programs should work when you use the Universal Robots post processor (the default post processor for Universal Robots). 

You can configure this here:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Program tab
  3. Check the option Maximum number of lines per program
You can also configure this with your post processor. You can find more information here:
https://robodk.com/post/Universal-Robots

Thank you for your answer.

Is this tool path splitting working, if I save my robot program as .urp and .script?
I tried following your steps, but if I export the tool path, it is always one file with more than 400,000 lines instead of 5,000 lines.
Good point, actually the effect of program splitting with UR robots is managed from your computer when you send the program to the robot.

Try the following steps to execute the program on the robot from your computer:
  1. Right click the program
  2. Select Send program to robot
The program should automatically start running.
(10-24-2023, 06:00 PM)Albert Wrote: Good point, actually the effect of program splitting with UR robots is managed from your computer when you send the program to the robot.

Try the following steps to execute the program on the robot from your computer:
  1. Right click the program
  2. Select Send program to robot
The program should automatically start running.

I tried that today but it didn't work. I limited the Code lines to 5,000 and then sent the program to the robot. Then it showed the loading animation from the attached picture but didn't move.

I tested the program via "Run on robot" to check if the connection to the robot was fine. The robot moved according to the created program so that worked as it should. But as I want to use the UR10e for WAAM I have to use the "Send to robot" way.

Do I have to mention anything else?

Thanks in advance,
Niklas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Automatic splitting for UR robots may not work well if you embed subprograms in the same main program. It would be better to inline them, therefore, I recommend you to check this option:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  3. Check the option: Inline subprograms.
If it still doesn't work, can you send us the RoboDK project file? We can better take a look.
(10-26-2023, 11:44 AM)Albert Wrote: Automatic splitting for UR robots may not work well if you embed subprograms in the same main program. It would be better to inline them, therefore, I recommend you to check this option:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  3. Check the option: Inline subprograms.
If it still doesn't work, can you send us the RoboDK project file? We can better take a look.

I got still no progress. I attached 2 other pictures where you can see the error messages.

Greetings,
Niklas

EDIT: I can't attach my station and try to send it via Email.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks like the first chunk of the program was properly transferred to the robot. However, the robot may have encountered issues running it. Do you see any error messages in the robot log?

There is probably one or more calls to programs that are not needed and/or do not exist on the robot (such as triggering a tool change or calling M codes). You can try changing this setting:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  3. Activate the option Skip program calls that don't exist in the station.
Thank you, this solved my problem.
That's great! Thank you for your feedback.
Hi again,
I'm currently facing another little problem.

I have created a reference frame for the workpiece, that's 700mm away from the robot frame p(0,0,0,0,0,0).
If I send the first part of the program to the robot, it works fine.
But if part two is sent, it "forgets" where its reference frame is and moves to p(0,0,0,0,0,0).
Is there any possibility to calculate the coordinates in reference to (0,0,0,0,0,0)?
Or is it possible to tell the robot the reference frame again, when the second package is sent?

Greetings, Niklas