Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3D Printing with FANUC robot

[attachment=1526][attachment=1526][attachment=1526][attachment=1526][attachment=1526]I use robodk to convert the G code into the trajectory of the robot. 
Then copy it to the robot teach pendant with U disk to realize offline programming. 
During the movement of the robot, the extruder has been extruding material. 
Since the G code is converted to L instruction, when the robot moves from point A to point B.
The robot first accelerates near point A, and then moves at a constant speed; 
while near point B, the robot decelerates until it drops to 0; 
Due to the uneven movement speed, the material accumulation near point A and point B is serious.
How to overcome this problem? ? ? When I was printing a circle, the situation shown in the picture appeared. The robot  is FANUC ROBOT R-2000iB 165F, and the controller  is R-30iA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi loaferhit,

Did you try increasing your Rounding parameter?
In your 3D printing Project -> "Program Events" -> "Set Rounding".

But honestly, the ring kind of has a very nice look! Sometimes mistakes can be very stylish!

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-06-2020, 12:11 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi loaferhit,

Did you try increasing your Rounding parameter?
In your 3D printing Project -> "Program Events" -> "Set Rounding".

But honestly, the ring kind of has a very nice look! Sometimes mistakes can be very stylish!

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

The "Set Rounding" is 0.5mm, and the diameter of the ring is 100 mm.
 furthermore, in the "Program Events", I deleted the "Extruder(%1)". 
When the robot moves along a circular trajectory, the extruder keeps extruding material.

Loaferhit

Hi Ioaferthit,

FANUC does not use mm for Rounding, it uses %.
Therefore your blending is 0.5% (it might only take an integer, do 0%) of the distance between two points.

You Should try a higher value.
For the removal of the Extrude(%1), it might work, but more than often this is needed to adjust the flow of material in places where the speed of the extruder will inevitably drop, like when you are drastically changing direction.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-08-2020, 02:23 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Ioaferthit,

I set Set Rounding in robodk to 20, and the rounded corners of the printed work-piece are very small. As you said, FANUC does not use mm for Rounding, it uses %.

I set Set Rounding in robodk to 20, and the rounded corners of the printed work-piece are very small. Regardless of the distance between two points, is this value always 20% of the distance between two points?

In addition, in the LS/TP file generated by robodk, the maximum value of CNT can be modified to 100 on the teach pendant. But the range of the value can be modified in robodk software is very large, what is the reason? ? ?

I did not find any relevant instructions in Online Documentation.

Thank you very much.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

The "Set Rounding" is 0.5mm, and the diameter of the ring is 100 mm.
 furthermore, in the "Program Events", I deleted the "Extruder(%1)". 
When the robot moves along a circular trajectory, the extruder keeps extruding material.

Loaferhit
Hi Loaferhit,

Can you repost your last comment, you kind of mess up you "quote" so it's hard to understand what you mean and what are the new results using a %.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

As you said, FANUC does not use mm for Rounding, it uses %.

while, as shown in the following figure, if I set Set Rounding in robodk to 20, CNT 20 would appear in the LS/TP file generated by robodk.  

Is the actual value of the CNT 20% of the distance between P1 and P3 ?

Loaferhit

Hi Loaferhit,

If I'm not mistaken it's 20% of the distance between P1 and P2, but yes generally you got the point.

Jeremy

Hello there,

I also happen to work with a Fanuc robot for 3D printing (M-20ib/25, with R-30ia controller). Here's the way I managed to work around this problem :

1. First, I made a python script which calculates the angle between the vectors created by the current point and the last 2 points (in the plane of the vectors). Depending on the angle, I apply a CNT value (rounding) interpolated from 0 to 100 (or any other values depending on your process) for every linear instruction.

2. Secondly, you need to buy Fanuc's package option called "TCPP", which stands for Tool Center Point Prediction. This option allows you to send an AO signal which is linked to your TCP speed. This enables the live modification of the extrusion flow rate. You can even send the signal a few hundreds of milliseconds in advance.

So for your application, when you print a circle, all the angles of the "set of 3 points" vectors are pretty wide and greater than 90°, which allows for a fat CNT value. And in case you robot's still slows down, you have the TCPP AO signal to prevent overextrusion.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

JF