Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3D printing onto contoured surface

Hello,

I am trying to use a UR3 for 3D printing applications. Specifically I would like to print onto a contoured surface that I have already made. Is there a way in RoboDK that I can print onto an existing surface with the nozzle remaining normal to the objects surface?

Thank you
You can use a curve follow project to extract the contour and follow it with the robot. You can adjust the tool orientation to be normal to the surface.

Make sure the imported part is from a STEP and not an STL as it is much easier to extract the contour this way.
(03-14-2023, 07:11 PM)Alex Wrote: You can use a curve follow project to extract the contour and follow it with the robot. You can adjust the tool orientation to be normal to the surface.

Make sure the imported part is from a STEP and not an STL as it is much easier to extract the contour this way.

Alex,

What if I am trying to do multiple passes as well as stacking layers? As shown in the photo below the curve follow path only works on the outer edges. I tried the copy & paste option, but it does not allow me to select the pasted line. Is there a different method to complete this task?

Thank you