Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ABB Connect to robot

Hi!

I'm triyng to connect an ABB robot, I can "ping" but doesnt connect. I need to configure something in IRC5? 
I only define the static IP, how can I know the robot port?

Best regards,
João Sousa
Hi Joao,

The robot port on ABB robots is 2000 by default. You can take a look at the driver module and you'll see a parameter to change it if you need.

Albert
(03-25-2021, 12:24 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Joao,

The robot port on ABB robots is 2000 by default. You can take a look at the driver module and you'll see a parameter to change it if you need.

Albert

Dear Albert,

I will need more information, I am still unable to use the roboDK functionality to connect and see in the software the real location of the robot (get position). I am not trying to run a robot program from the robodk or use FTP client, just to check if the cell objects (CAD) are in the right position in the simulation. For this case I don't need to use the driver ("RDK_DriverSocket.mod"), right? I'm just using the GUI from roboDK.

I contacted ABB technical support and I have not yet been able to answer how to confirm that the port number remains at 2000 as the default. Only the IP/mask /gateway of the IRC5 controller was changed to communicate within the industrial network.

Best regards,
Joao Sousa
Hi Joao,

For that to work, you need to activate the driver:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-ABB.html#ABB

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel