Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ABB IRC5 controlling IRB 6640 on track IRBT 6004

I have an ABB IRC5 controlling an IRB 6640 on a IRBT 6004 track

I do not have acces to Robotstudio

I am using the flexpendant for controlling the IRC5 controller

I have followed this tutorial: ABB driver

1. Approach 
    I just try to use the robot without the rails: ABB IRB 6640-235/2.55I can ping the robotI can press connect get "succes"I can press "get position" and the RoboDK software updates the virtual IRB6640 robot position to match the real one ( GREAT! )I then try to move the robot a bit in RoboDKThen I try to press "Move Joints", to try to get the real robot to move to match the virtual robotThen I get the error: "Missing External Axis Value":40512, Missing External Axis Value Description Some active external axis have incorrect or no order value. Recommended actions Reprogram the position.  The robot stops immediately after I have pressed  "Move Joints"The error "Missing External Axis Value" might make sense since the IRC5 is set up to control both the IRB 6640 and the IRBT 6004 track
  2. Approach 
    I try to synchronize the robot with the rails: IRBT 6004 tracks I can ping the robotI can press connect get "succes"I can press "get position". Now the virtual robot does not update the virtual IRB6640 robot position to match the real one ( NOT GREAT! ) I then try to move the robot a bit in RoboDKThen I try to press "Move Joints", to try to get the real robot to move to match the virtual robotThen I get the error:  "Speed too low":50381, Speed too low. Description Task. arg The speed is too low (numerical resolution). Program Ref. arg Recommended actions Increase the programmed speed. Check also the other synchronized tasks in a multimove application.I hear the motors turning on for a second (a clicking sound), but the robot stops immediately after I have pressed  "Move Joints"

Any help is appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is my station.

Attached Files
.rdk   test.rdk (Size: 3.51 MB / Downloads: 34)
Did you use the latest version of RoboDK? We have made some changes to the ABB driver recently to improve support of external axes.

If you have an external axis with your real setup and you want to use the driver you should synchronize the rail in RoboDK as well.

Do you set the speed in your program? I did not find any instruction to specify the speed. You may need to set the speed to reasonable values or simply edit the driver to use a valid speed for your setup.
I figured it out. I made a program with just a set speed instruction. Then I got a new error on the teach pendant that said i have to lower the speed to a certain level. I did that in RoboDK and now i can move the robot in RoboDK and normal. Thanks!

Now my problem is that i want to set the digital outputs to some values. On the teach pendant I get "Implement setting Digital Outputs"
Great, thank you for letting us know. You should customize the driver to be able to link numbered digital outputs to your named digital outputs. The same applies for digital inputs.