Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AGV Path Follow

I would very much like to have the AGV follow a path. What would be the best way to do it?
You can use a Curve Follow Project using the Tool orientation follows path algorithm. You will also need a new TCP at the base of the AGV to use as the "tool"

.rdk   omron agv robot.rdk (Size: 4.91 MB / Downloads: 97)
(11-16-2023, 06:37 PM)Alex Wrote: You can use a Curve Follow Project using the Tool orientation follows path algorithm. You will also need a new TCP at the base of the AGV to use as the "tool"

Hi Alex, I was not able to make the curve following work. I have included the rdk file. Could you suggest a curve which will work for me. I got an error saying the T1 was not working.
Nice project! I recommend you to use joint targets for simple AGV movements, instead of cartesian targets. If you change the targets from Cartesian to joints it works as is.

Another option would be to use Cartesian targets as you were trying, but you shoud make sure you have the correct tool and coordinate system active and set in your program. The tool could be simply a TCP at 0,0,0,0,0,0 for the AGV.

For practical purposes and teaching of programs I recommend you to have this TCP visible and make sure you place it at a location where you can grab it using the Alt key (in this case, XYZWPR of 0,0,0,0,0,0 mm/deg is find). I named this TCP AGV Ref Grab in the example attached.

Attached Files
.rdk   omron agv robot-v2.rdk (Size: 4.91 MB / Downloads: 112)
(11-18-2023, 08:44 PM)Albert Wrote: Nice project! I recommend you to use joint targets for simple AGV movements, instead of cartesian targets. If you change the targets from Cartesian to joints it works as is.

Another option would be to use Cartesian targets as you were trying, but you shoud make sure you have the correct tool and coordinate system active and set in your program. The tool could be simply a TCP at 0,0,0,0,0,0 for the AGV.

For practical purposes and teaching of programs I recommend you to have this TCP visible and make sure you place it at a location where you can grab it using the Alt key (in this case, XYZWPR of 0,0,0,0,0,0 mm/deg is find). I named this TCP AGV Ref Grab in the example attached.

Thanks Albert. Very much appreciate the feedback.
Regards
Daniel