Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

API to handle post processing for "Link selected programs"

For linking programs and upload to robot, we have to do this in 2 steps:
  1. select programs, and do "Link selected programs"
  2. right click on generated "MainSafe" program, and do "Send Program to Robot"
We are wondering how to merge these 2 steps into a single click operation.

Is there an API to handle post processing for MainSafe generated by "Link selected programs"?

Thanks,

Yishin
"Link Selected programs" only relate to the "Collision free planner".
Are you using this feature?

If not, you don't need to press it.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-19-2021, 02:20 PM)Jeremy Wrote: "Link Selected programs" only relate to the "Collision free planner".
Are you using this feature?

Yes, we use it to grind workpiece in a closed frame.

Yishin
Great use case, I don't know if we can reach it from the API as it's a plugin.
But I will ask our dev team.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Yes, it is possible to link programs using the API using the generic RoboDK Plugin command.

This shows an example to connect 2 programs (for example a program called ProgJoined that moves from Program T1toT2 to T2toT1):
Code:
status = RDK.PluginCommand("CollisionFreePlanner", "Join=ProgJoined", "T1toT2|T2toT1")
# Returns "Success" if it was possible to link both targets. Otherwise it returns "Failed"
print(status)

This is a related post:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Collisio...89#pid1189

And you'll find more examples to use the API in the script in this project:
C:/RoboDK/Library/Example-09.c-PRM Automated Collision Avoidance - Comau.rdk
as a colleague of ysli, I am also following up this issue

after connecting 2 programs by RDK.PluginCommand() and generating a new MainSafe, how can a post processor be called to generate the robot program?