Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

APIKUKA.exe

Hello, 

Is it possible to show me the python source code of the apikuka.exe file that is used to test the connection ?

Thank you.
Hi Konstantinos,

The driver for KUKA robots is not made using Python. The source code of this driver is not public.

Did you need specific modifications?

Albert
Hello Albert,

I thought maybe it was the same as the apikukaiiwa.py, that's why I assumed it was written in python. I wanted to see how the robodk communicates with the KUKA robot. I have an application where I move the robot using a Kinect sensor and I am experiencing a bit of delay when I am trying to move the robot using RDK.MoveJ(pose) from the python API. I am trying to establish a connection in which i will be able to move the robot in near real -  time. Thus, I thought of communicating directly to the KUKAVARProxy as I only want the MoveJ Command and by passing the RoboDK application. Is there a way of doing that?
(05-04-2020, 02:27 PM)konstantinos.agg Wrote: Hello Albert,

I thought maybe it was the same as the apikukaiiwa.py, that's why I assumed it was written in python. I wanted to see how the robodk communicates with the KUKA robot. I have an application where I move the robot using a Kinect sensor and I am experiencing a bit of delay when I am trying to move the robot using RDK.MoveJ(pose) from the python API. I am trying to establish a connection in which i will be able to move the robot in near real -  time. Thus, I thought of communicating directly to the KUKAVARProxy as I only want the MoveJ Command and by passing the RoboDK application. Is there a way of doing that?

I am interested in what you are doing with the Kinect sensor, we are looking at doing something with one of our lab robots for a student project.

Also have you taken a look at the C3 Bridge interface project, this may give you another option for establishing a simple interface for your project.

Cheers Ivan