Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ASSEMBLY FROM SOLIDWORKS

Hello,

I would like to transfer the robot I drew in SolidWorks to RoboDK and simulate it but I encountered some problems.

In photo 1, I transferred my robot from SolidWorks with stepap214 in step format.

In photo 2, I transferred it from SolidWorks with stl format. Unfortunately, both results failed.

Then I tried your answer at "https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Assembly-from-SolidWorks-to-RoboDK?highlight=assembly" but that window never opened in step format. In stl format, I clicked on "more options", but the options you said did not appear. (photo 3)

Apart from that, I manually brought the parts together and turned them into a robot. However, the shape was distorted when I changed the angles because the robot was not assembled and it was observed as similar to photo 5.

Since the ways I mentioned above did not work; finally, I added the RoboDK extension to SolidWorks. I changed the solidworks robodk settings to step. then I changed it to tools / options / CAD / lood as assembly in robodk. In this way, it was observed as in photo 4, but when I created a mechanism and changed the angles, it was seen as in photo 5. 

I appreciate if you could help me with this problem.
Thank you in advance for your help. 
I wish you a good day.
Sinan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Sinan,

You need to import them in step214, one part at a time, but all with the base of the robot as an origin.

What I generally do is open my assembly in SW, hide or suppress all parts but the base, save as step named Robot - Base.
Then show/unsuppressed joint 1 and hide/suppress the base, save as step name Robot - J1.
Etc.

When you import to RDK afterward, they should line up properly.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I did what you said. The robot came together but when I moved it moved independently. (photo 1)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your help. I solved the problem.

Sinan