Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Accuracy difference windows vs Ubuntu

Hi,

When connecting to a Motoman HC10 using roboDK I get different coordinates when using the exact same files in windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04. The coordinates in windows are correct, while the coordinates in ubuntu are wrong, though the physical positions are equal as in windows. Is there some settings to keep in mind when using ubuntu?
Are you generating your programs using a JBI file or the Motoman robot driver?
Can you provide the RDK project file you used for this test?
(07-09-2020, 12:34 PM)Albert Wrote: Are you generating your programs using a JBI file or the Motoman robot driver?
Can you provide the RDK project file you used for this test?

I am doing it through online programming using targets and the python api using the MotomanHSE driver. 
The same file was used on both windows and ubuntu. The same error occurs in all my stations.

Attached Files
.rdk   eye_in_hand.rdk (Size: 489.37 KB / Downloads: 452)
I don't see a program.

Did you just use the Get Joints / Move joints button in the robot connection panel?
(07-09-2020, 01:22 PM)Albert Wrote: I don't see a program.

Did you just use the Get Joints / Move joints button in the robot connection panel?

I use the robolink api and moveJ and moveL to either targets or coordinates. The robot moves to slightly different coordinates than inputted, and when reading its position, either by using get position in the connect to robot panel or using the api, the position is incorrect when using ubuntu.
I recommend you to update RoboDK on Ubuntu:
https://robodk.com/downloads/Install-RoboDK.tar.gz

The latest version for Ubuntu was updated today. It should give you the same result you see in Windows.