Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Attach 3D model to link of robot

Basically the feature described here: https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-How-to-a...ch+to+link.

I know there's an available workaround right now, but having this feature built-in would also be useful for my application, so I figured requesting it as a feature would be appropriate.

I'm also using this for collision detection. I may have to modify the 3D volume I am checking collisions against from time to time. Because of that, I would like to avoid having to rebuild my robot model each time this occurs. I have a different workaround going, which is the following code:

Code:
ROBOT:rl.Item
OBJECT:rl.Item
ROBOT_LINK_NUMBER:int
OBJECT_POSE_WRT_LINK:rm.Mat

def move_robot_with_object():
    OBJECT.setPoseAbs(ROBOT.ObjectLink(ROBOT_LINK_NUMBER).PoseAbs()*OBJECT_POSE_WRT_LINK)
Attaching 3D models to link of robots is a feature that was added to RoboDK as an addin in 2023, (may have been 2022)
Take a look at the addin here:
https://robodk.com/addin/com.robodk.plug...tachobject
Hi Alex, this looks exactly like what I want. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I still have the issue with maintenance renewal prompts that we previously discussed over email (Re: License Issue). Because of that, I am getting the pop-up below when I try to use add-in manager. I am not able to install the add-in and I believe it is related to this license restriction.

Let me know what the recommended troubleshooting steps are.
  • I am using RoboDK version v5.6.3
  • You had previously set my license to be compatible with v5.6.3 (same email thread from earlier).
  • I have already set my RoboDK shortcut (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\RoboDK) to include the -SKIPMAINT command line argument (Target = C:\RoboDK\bin\RoboDK.exe -SKIPMAINT). This had previously helped suppress maintenance notifications when starting the RoboDK app from the start menu, but had no effect when starting RoboDK from double-clicking a .rdk file.
Yes, installing the latest versions of addins requires to have RoboDK maintenance up to date.
For your specific case, I will send you an email.