Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Base position of Motoman UP50N / controller NX100

Hi,
I am working with MotomanUP50N robot for AM (3D printing) project. I notice that the base coordinate in ROBODK and real robot are not the same. in UP50N, the base coordinate refer to a location around the motor but in ROBODK it is exactly at bottom of robot base . We contacted MOTOMAN and ask them if we can change the base coordinate to the same location s it is referred in ROODK and they told us no and the theoretical position of the base frame is at the intersection of the S-axis and the L-axis. they told us the base frame position and coordinate is not  at right place in ROBODK software. 
can you find a solution for this issue?

I attached the photo showing the base location in robot and robodk
Hi Mira, 

I hope you are well. 
No problem, it's a relatively easy problem to fix on our end. 

Can you just confirm the position of the base. 
According to your drawing it would be #1, but from my experience #2 is more likely. 

Have a great day. 
Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-19-2020, 06:54 PM)Mira Wrote: Hi,
I am working with MotomanUP50N robot for AM (3D printing) project. I notice that the base coordinate in ROBODK and real robot are not the same. in UP50N, the base coordinate refer to a location around the motor but in ROBODK it is exactly at bottom of robot base . We contacted MOTOMAN and ask them if we can change the base coordinate to the same location s it is referred in ROODK and they told us no and the theoretical position of the base frame is at the intersection of the S-axis and the L-axis. they told us the base frame position and coordinate is not  at right place in ROBODK software. 

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I dont know exactly but Motoman told us it is between L and S joints.
I try to check with them if I can.
(11-19-2020, 06:54 PM)Mira Wrote: Hi,

Hi again, 
we check on robot. we think position 2 is the good one, based on the photo you send us. 
Regards,
Fatemeh
Hi Fatemeh, 

I attached the robot with the modified base position. 

Let me know if it works. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.robot   Motoman-UP50N.robot (Size: 699.85 KB / Downloads: 336)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel