Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

C# API Synchronise multiple axes

I am currently working on a system whereby we need to construct and use RoboDK stations through the C# API. One situation I have come across is the need to be able to synchronise a rail and turntable to a robot through the API. While this can be done manually in the interface, I need a method to do this through C#. I have been using the SetPoseFrame function to connect the robot to either a rail or positioner but have noticed that doing this back-to-back will overwrite the synchronisation of one or the other rather than connecting both. Is there any way to do this through the C# API?
It is currently not possible to synchronize a rail and a turntable but we'll add this feature with our next release.

You should be able to synchronize a system of a robot plus 2 external axes (rail + turntable) using the following code/steps:
Code:
robot.setLink(rail)
rail.setLink(turntable)
Hey Albert,

Thanks for the information. On another note, I have noticed that when RoboDK generates a robot program using a KUKA robot and Positioner that the Base frame used is the transform between the path and the positioner flange. When driving the robot using this program, the robot uses solely this frame (instead of that frame with respect to world coordinates) so drives to the wrong location. Is there a way in RoboDK to ensure that the generated program makes use of the world frame rather than the relative path to positioner flange frame?
There are many ways to setup external axes with KUKA robots. You can do it inline with the post processor or have a predefined base index. To avoid confusion and problems with custom post processors, I recommend you to link to a given BASE_DATA index.

Or even better, you can use the BAS functions and link to a MACHINE_DEF, which has everything preset (external axes and base offset).

You can find a couple of threads that are related:
We can better discuss here an optimal way to setup external axes for KUKA robots.