Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

C-track calibration problems

Hi,

Im trying to calibrate my KR240, we have followed the instructions, and have set the base and tool points and vx elements is seeing the coordinates

When i start the measurement of the base, the robot moves to position, and then the measurement box just sits saying ready to start measurement, and then nothing happens

please see attached images and rdk file

Thanks

Col

Attached Files
.rdk   calibtest.rdk (Size: 3.25 MB / Downloads: 290)
Hi Col,

When you start a new Robot Calibration project, it is important to properly select the type of measurement system you have. If you are using a C-Track you should select 6-DOF, if you are using a laser tracker you should select 3-DOF:

Also, it is important to delete the script that gets automatically added (Create measurements), so that RoboDK automatically adds the correct script to properly generate measurements for your measurement system. We'll improve this with our next version so it is more trivial to know what script you are using. 

I re-run the Create measurements script to update the 10 measurements you scheduled. I recommend you to take at least 40 points. You can always schedule more points and stop after you've collected some of them. If you want to use less than 40 points you should change this setting:
  1. Tools-Options
  2. Select Accuracy tab
  3. Set the Minimum calibration measurements to 15 (this is the minimum required)
I attached your RDK project with these changes. I recommend you to re-run the Create measurements script anyway to schedule measurements after the base setup and tool setup measurements are completed.

Let us know if you need help.

Albert

Attached Files
.rdk   calibtest-v2.rdk (Size: 3.25 MB / Downloads: 328)
The 10 points was just as a test as I knew I couldn't run the whole thing as I need to collision check the area, I was initially intending to do the cal on my kr10 with nothing around it but it had to go back to kuka for an encoder issue.

I'll give it a go, I'm pretty sure I did click on the 6dof and had the same issue, it was also giving a strange message about having to add a tool after.

I'll give it a go on my KR3 at home as it is a bit easier than figuring things out in a noisy workshop
There seems to be an issue in VX elements, when I go into pick points for the tool or base ref, if i click cancel it crashes the vx elements, after that it moves the robot and sits saying waiting for measurement, but it just sits there indefinatly, and the only way around it that i have found is to restart with a fresh RDK station.

I have managed to get as far as doing the base and the tool, but now when i go to calibrate the robot its saying the TCP isnt calibrated, i have done this bit, and clicked update for the tool

Image and RDK attached

Attached Files
.rdk   kr3.rdk (Size: 2.37 MB / Downloads: 286)
Hi Collin,

If I remember correctly, at this stage you need to use VX Element to identify the cluster of dots you placed on the robot tool so that the C-Track knowes what to follow.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I did that when setting the tool reference, do I need to do it again?
ok, I never encounter that message before, so I'll let Albert take a look.
(I reread your last message and I realize my previous answer made no sense.)

Did you press the "Update" button after the tool calibration?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

yes i pressed update
For some reason, the Create measurements script was scheduling targets for a laser tracker instead of the C-Track. I loaded the correct script to schedule pose measurements with the attached RDK file.

The new version of RoboDK published today differentiates both scripts so it does not create any confusion. The script you should be using is called Create measurements 6DOF.

Also, I attached the measurements reference to the robot reference so that the automatic positioning of the C-Track makes sense.

Albert

Attached Files
.rdk   kr3-v2.rdk (Size: 2.37 MB / Downloads: 352)