Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Calculate the relationship between 2 coordinate systems

I am using a sequence of Poses from a csv file to create a program using the roboDK API. For each Pose, I create a target and set the 8 joints, and set it as cartesian target then I use the prog.MoveJ or prog.MoveL according to my needs. The program execute properly and the robot and table are synchronized. 

I want to have access to the position of the working frame link to the table flange, with respect to the robotic arm base and this for every target I create. For now, I am using the Pose: RDK.Item("Working Frame").Pose() which gives me the excat same Pose all the time, but I can't figure out how to get the changing Pose of the Working frame according to the robotic arm base or even the table base. 

What function or series of functions should I use so that I get the position of the wroking frame with respect to base for every target?
You can find the relationship between any pair of coordinate systems or items by using the PoseAbs(), which returns the pose of any coordinate system with respect to the root of the station.

Example:
Code:
# Calculate the relationship between Frame A and B:
frameA = RDK.Item("Frame A")
frameB = RDK.Item("Frame B")

# Calculate frame A with respect to Frame B
frameAwrtB = frameB.PoseAbs().inv() * frameA.PoseAbs()