Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Can't create measurements with synchronized base an robot

Hello,

I am trying to run calibration on a Yaskawa Motoman AR3120 with an attached base model (on a track) that was created as a robot in robodk. I can run the base and tool setup just fine while keeping the base in the middle of the track. I see there is a "Rail Measure" that needs measurements created for it because the robot and the base are synchronized together. When trying to run the create measurements script for the calibration and validation measurements, I set the joint limits while keeping the base in the same location. However, when the final screen pops up and I select start, the robot moves all the way to its home position on the track and no measurements are created. I have let this run for >10 minutes and nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Can you share your RoboDK project (RDK file)? We can better take a look.

When you calibrate a robot it is better to isolate the robot and the rail. Unless you want to calibrate the rail as well.

We can continue this conversation by email if you have a RoboDK calibration license. You can send us an email at info@robodk.com and I'll get back to you.
i will put in an email about this and send the rdk file there!

thank you!

email has been sent!
(02-15-2023, 05:53 PM)Albert Wrote: Can you share your RoboDK project (RDK file)? We can better take a look.

When you calibrate a robot it is better to isolate the robot and the rail. Unless you want to calibrate the rail as well.

We can continue this conversation by email if you have a RoboDK calibration license. You can send us an email at info@robodk.com and I'll get back to you.

Hi Albert,

Not sure if you have seen the email I put in a few weeks ago.

We are trying to not have to separate the base from the robot in the robot controller, and use RoboDK to be able to control where the base goes.

Let me know if you have questions,
Adam