Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannot open library from main window

I've just installed RoboDK. Naturally, the first thing I did upon starting it up was to try to visit the library, but when I click the button (or select the menu item), there is no apparent response.

So I tried running it from the command line to see any log output, and when I try to open the library I see these messages:

Code:
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by kde-open5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOCore.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5I18n.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOGui.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5JobWidgets.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Service.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Completion.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5IconThemes.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigWidgets.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigGui.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigCore.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Crash.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5DBusAddons.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5AuthCore.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WindowSystem.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Archive.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ItemViews.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Codecs.so.5)
kde-open5: /home/<username>/RoboDK/bin/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5GuiAddons.so.5)

So it looks like RoboDK is trying to use kde-open5 for something, and that's compiled against a different version of Qt from what is distributed with RoboDK. I had a quick hack and found that kde-open5 is actually being called by xdg-open - that's what RoboDK is calling out to.

So the issue is that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is being set by the RoboDK launcher (to point at the bundled Qt libs), but then RoboDK is trying to use the system xdg-open with that env var still set, and they're clashing.

This is a relatively low impact bug, since I can just open the library manually in my browser, but it was a bit of a puzzle since I initially thought a library was going to be opened within the application.

RoboDK version 5.6.0 for Ubuntu 64-bit
Debian 11.7 amd64
Bump, is there anything I can do to bring this to the attention of the devs?
This may be due to the Qt library that is being used. If you used the Ubuntu install on a Debian system it may have installed the wrong libraries.

Are you having the same issue if you use the RoboDK build for debian?
(05-30-2023, 11:51 AM)Albert Wrote: This may be due to the Qt library that is being used. If you used the Ubuntu install on a Debian system it may have installed the wrong libraries.

Are you having the same issue if you use the RoboDK build for debian?

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your response, sorry, I didn't see this message come in.

I don't see any build listed for Debian; the only Linux build listed on the download page is for Ubuntu. Where can I find this Debian build?
You should be able to download RoboDK for Raspberry Pi from our download page:
https://robodk.com/download

You can find it right under the Ubuntu version.

What hardware do you use?

We have other non official builds for Ubuntu Core and Nvidia Jetson.
(07-06-2023, 03:23 PM)Albert Wrote: You should be able to download RoboDK for Raspberry Pi from our download page:
https://robodk.com/download

You can find it right under the Ubuntu version.

What hardware do you use?

We have other non official builds for Ubuntu Core and Nvidia Jetson.

Hi Albert,

I'm not using a Raspberry Pi, I'm just on a regular laptop. Would the RPi build still be more appropriate?
Yes, if you are using Debian it would be more appropriate to use the Raspberry Pi version.

You can also try with the Nvidia Jetson build:
https://robodk.com/downloads/Install-Rob...son.tar.gz