Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Change origin for base world coordinates

I'm currently using the trial version of RoboDK but am unable to test if my robot would work properly with RoboDK because the origin of the base world coordinate’s location for the Kawasaki FS20N is incorrect.

The Kawasaki F series origin for base world coordinates base is located at the center of J2 not the base of J1.

The trial version of RoboDK will not allow access to the "Parameters" area for the robot to change the base location so I cannot change it.

I checked with Kawasaki, and they confirmed that the correct origin at J2 is 570mm Z & 150mm Y from the current base origin at J1.

We would really like to purchase RoboDK if it works for our robots.

Could someone please send me a Kawasaki-FS20N.robot with the corrected origin at J2 to try out?
Hi Greg, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 
I fixed it for the FS20, here it is. 

Let me know if it works. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.robot   Kawasaki-FS20N.robot (Size: 21.71 KB / Downloads: 286)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

I was told that Base (World) coordinates were at J2, but RoboDK showed again that is incorrect.
I double-checked our robot's cartesian coordinates and it is clear there is no offset in the Y direction.

Our robot cartesian coordinates at mechanical zero:
X 0.0, Y 90.0, Z 1620.0, O 0.0, A 0.0, T 0.0

Currently RoboDK with the new robot zero, Z is now correct, but Y is 150mm off:
X 0.0, Y -60.0, Z 1620.0, O 0.0, A 0.0, T 0.0
Y World coordinate clearly aligned with J1 base zero.

Could I get another revised copy of Kawasaki-FS20N.robot?

Regards
There it is. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.robot   Kawasaki-FS20N.robot (Size: 21.68 KB / Downloads: 275)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel