Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Choosing ToolPath Orientation

Hey guys, I am working with two plasma cutter programs from fusion 360, both small simple brackets that are exactly the same except for hole spacing. I need to be able to switch from running one program to the other, which I am able to do. However, the orientation and starting points are not at all the same. I am not offered the toolpath choices in one that I am offered in the other, when the same orientation should work for both. Under preferred joints for start point I copy and pasted the joints from the other bracket, but it does not seem to update the program using that orientation, it simply twists around and continues doing what it was doing, which will rip my wires out. I am looking for a way to make both programs run the same way.

Thanks!
Can you provide the .rdk file?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(10-07-2022, 03:43 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Can you provide the .rdk file?

Jeremy

Here you go, thanks!

.rdk   Bent Bracket.rdk (Size: 1.16 MB / Downloads: 166)

.rdk   Straight Bracket.rdk (Size: 1.16 MB / Downloads: 171)
That's because you must have clicked on "Teach" in one station and not in the other.
If you press the little "+" sign on the side on the "Teach" you will see that both "Preferred orientation" are not the same.

If you activate the "Show preferred tool path" in both cases, you will see the tool is not oriented the same.

Using the default value of "Preferred tool X axis 90 deg (green) 180 deg (blue)" with a "rotx(180)" should give you something close to what you are looking for.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel