Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Collision Free Planner Plugin

Hello, 

I hope you're all doing well.

I'm using the CFP plugin for a simple pick and place simulation. I a question which i couldn't find an answer to in the documentation.

- Can we minimize the number of samples the algorithm chooses to link two targets ? I came across this question because I created two targets, and the robot can move from target 1 to 2 without collision, and updated the map, and linked the two targets, this generated a path which is not direct (rather going through nearby points even though the direct path was not resulting in any collisions.) (Check Figure)

The documentation says that "Both targets are now samples in the RoadMap", and the edge between the two should be established since no collision is detected. 

How could i fix this, if not is there any documentation on how this algorithm work? 

Thank you in advance,

Aymane

-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To create shorter paths you actually need to increase the size of the samples. If you have more points in your map, the algorithm can find shorter paths faster. This means the robot will go through more points to connect 2 targets.
Hey Albert,

Thank you for your quick reply.

In the documentation, it is mentioned that both targets will be considered as samples (Points of the Road Map), shouldn't the direct path between the two targets be the most optimal one.

I understand creating more samples will result in shorter paths but i dont get why can't the plugin choose the direct path since it doesn't result in any collision and both targets are now samples.

I would also like to know if a documentation for python was made for this very useful plugin so i can create links directly from scripts.

Thank you,
In this case, you should focus on increasing the number of edges so you can create more connections among the samples.
Hi Albert, 

Thank you, that actually worked. I increased the number of edges when linking the two targets. And that gave the direct path. 

I don't know how the algorithm exactly works but checking the direct path first would be interesting (Will lower generation time if there was no collision at the first place.)

Have an excellent day, 

Best regards,
That's great then. Thank you for your feedback.