Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connect RoboDK with Kukarobot/WorkVisual

Hello,

currently I am working on my thesis and chose RoboDK as the softwaretool to use.
I am working with a Kuka Robot KRC4.

My Laptop is connected with the robot via WLAN, 
Laptop-IP: 192.168.1.250, see 

Robot-IP: 192.168.1.21, see bottom right

When connecting to the robot, I tried both IPs, but I have no idea what connection number I need. There was a 7000, what does this number mean?

The goal is to move the robot via RoboDK. When this works I rebuild the cell and import the CAD-data and calibrate everything.

Which connection number do I need and where do I get it?
Do I need WorkVisual at all? Is it beneficial to use together with RoboDK?
Which IP should I use in this case?

Thank you so much in advance, have a nice weekend :-)
Wov is seperate from rdk, you install the drivers on the robot directly, goto the network settings and find the ip of the robot, 7000 is the port address

Did you follow the instructions?

Also kss version would help, krc4 isn't very specific.
(04-15-2021, 09:17 PM)colinb83 Wrote: Wov is seperate from rdk, you install the drivers on the robot directly, goto the network settings and find the ip of the robot, 7000 is the port address

Did you follow the instructions?

Also kss version would help, krc4 isn't very specific.

Hello Colin,

thank you for your answer.
It was my first day with RoboDK and I am pretty new to robots in general. So it is a bit confusing which part is connected to whom and for what reason and/or port.
I work with: 
KUKA KR 150 R3300 K prime
KSS 8.3.43

I was not aware of the wiki-like documentation of RoboDK and thus the drivers. So far I plan on monday to use "kukavarproxy.exe" on the HMI. 
A quick search revealed this post. I can't navigate to the drivers page directly, but I will use this for now.
No problem, if I can offer some small advice, run the proxy program in T1 on a low speed until you get used to what it can do.

Even a KR150 is still a very powerful robot, and as you are new to robots take it slow and be careful. Do not run any program in AUT mode untill you have tested it fully in T1.