Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting a Kuka KR 16 R2010 to Robodk

Hi Albert, Jeremy

I want to be able to move the kuka robot within RoboDK, Is that possible. If so what are the steps.

The video you shared only transfers the files from one device to another. Will the hmi automatically undate with the file in the SRC folder. If thats the case, Im assuming I would move the robot using the hmi then update the src and visa versa. I really want to be able to move the robot using the robodk interface, then the src would be updated on the hmi. Any thoughts guys.
Yes, this is possible. To move the robot from the PC you should follow these steps:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html#DriverKUKA
Hi Albert,
I have followed the steps and the robot is connected. What do I do now to move the robot using Robodk interface.

Im stuck at this point after following the steps (DriverKUKA)

The only way I have managed to run it is by:-
1, Load the off line created src on to the Kuka HMI manually.
2, Open the offline created Robodk program.
3, Connect the Kuka, Clicking connect after following the guide. ( The connection and IP works )
4, Right click the program and run on Robot.

This all works fine, Robodk Kuka graphic is simulatiing the actual Kuka moves.
What I need to do now is to be able to stop the program at some move and make small changes to that move in Robodk in real time. ( Using Robodk to control the actual Kuka Robot and not just the simulation.
Is that possible.
Hi Fixter,

Will the stop be triggered by something (like "bad measurement from the scanner that triggers a error") or will it just be a manual process where the user decides when to stop?

To reach what you are looking for, you might need to use the API if you want anything automated.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel