Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting to NX100 controller with MotomanHSE

I have unsuccessfully been trying to connect to my HP20D robot with a NX100 controller via RoboDK. I am able to ping the controller and get a reply. I also am able to connect to the controller via FTP and upload/download files. In the RoboDK documentation the NX100 is listed as a supported controller, but whenever I try to connect I get a 'robot took too long to respond sending again' error. I am attaching a log file below. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 2.38 KB / Downloads: 77)
Have you verified that the high speed ehternet server is enabled on the controller?
Also, is the teach pendant of the controller switch set to Remote?
Yes, the pendant is set to remote. Should I check with Yaskawa to see if the protocol is enabled on my controller? Is there a way for me to check it myself? I was not able to find anything on the manual. Thank you
I checked with yaskawa, my NX100 does not support the HSE protocol. Would the regular ethernet protocol be able to run RoboDK? Does RoboDK support any other protocol that I can use to communicate with the robot? Thanks
You should be able to use the regular protocol to connect to the robot. Did you try it?

If it does not work you may need to switch to the apimotoman driver which requires using Motocom but it supports all protocols as well (including RS232).
No I have not; I will try to do so and get back to you. Thank you for your cooperation.
(10-27-2023, 10:46 AM)Albert Wrote: You should be able to use the regular protocol to connect to the robot. Did you try it?

If it does not work you may need to switch to the apimotoman driver which requires using Motocom but it supports all protocols as well (including RS232).

I verified that the ethernet server is operational on my NX100 (i was able to succesfully send and receive data via the server). The FTP function also works on a third party program and on RoboDK when I try to send a created program directly to the robot. I still am not able to connect to the robot directly from RoboDK. I am also attaching my .log file for more information. Does this mean that my controller does not support any other RDK communication other than motocom enabled ones? Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 815 bytes / Downloads: 63)
The driver has the High speed ethernet protocol and serial protocol, the normal TCP/IP protocol is essentially the same as the serial one but isn't fully implemented as of yet, newer robots support HSE and older ones only support serial so there's quite a narrow range that would benefit from the regular TCP/IP protocol, you should be able to use the serial protocol though. Simply specify a COM port in the IP address field