Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting to a Mirobot robot

(09-13-2023, 09:09 AM)Albert Wrote: The Wlkata robot requires a serial COM port. Are you using a serial (RS232) connection? In this case you should enter COM1 in the IP/COM field (or the correct port used by your computer, COM2, COM3, ...).

To know the correct COM port you may need to open Window's device manager and look for the correct COM port.

Attached is an image of Robot IP/COM as COM1 as listed in Device Manager. The log is also shown, which shows that it disconnects by itself. Am I missing something else?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you had any success connecting with Mirobot desktop software first? Once that works you can rule out potential sources of problems
Yes, I've been able to use the WlkataStudio program, as well as control the robot using python via VSCode. I just can't connect to RoboDK.
Is it possible that you are already connected using another connection? I understand that RS232/Serial connections don't support multiple connections at once.
(09-21-2023, 07:36 AM)Albert Wrote: Is it possible that you are already connected using another connection? I understand that RS232/Serial connections don't support multiple connections at once.

I don't believe so.
Attached is a picture of the cord I'm using. Should I try connecting the USB to Ethernet adapter and connect it to an Ethernet port on my desktop?
An adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087NC8ZL6/ref...GhlbWF0aWM

So instead of putting the COM in RobotIP/COM, I'll put an IP address instead.
I believe the IP address can be seen/modified in the WlkataStudio.exe program of the robot.

Best,

Joshua

Can you try keeping WLkata studio open and connected before running the robodk driver. I believe their api communicates with their software which then communicates with the robot instead of doing so directly
(09-25-2023, 03:00 PM)Phillip Wrote: Can you try keeping WLkata studio open and connected before running the robodk driver. I believe their api communicates with their software which then communicates with the robot instead of doing so directly

Just tried this. Please see the attached image. When it is connected to the WLkata studio first, it seems like RoboDK has issues connecting to the same COM port since WLkata studo is already connected to it.

We know it's possible from this link by RoboDK: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/robodk_wl...bdomain=al

In their Robot IP/COM, they use "127.0.0.1" with Robot port "12345". I've also tried this with the default Driver as well as changing the driver to "apiwlkata.py". This also did not work.

The connection with Wlkata Mirobot robot should be straightforward. Please contact us by email so we can better help you with a call:
https://robodk.com/contact

You can mention this thread and a few available times to debug this issue live with someone in our team.