Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting to a Mirobot robot

Hi, 

I ran across this link in LinkedIn:  https://www.linkedin.com/posts/robodk_wl...bdomain=al

Is there a tutorial or step-by-step instructions on how to connect the real mirobot to RoboDK?

Best,

Joshua
Hello,

It should be as simple as plugging in the robot and making sure you can connect to the robot via their software. RoboDK will then connect to their software's API and control the robot, hence why the IP address in the video is configured to 127.0.0.1

if you have any further questions I'll gladly try and assist.

Thank you,

Phillip May
(08-16-2023, 02:13 PM)Phillip Wrote: Hello,

It should be as simple as plugging in the robot and making sure you can connect to the robot via their software. RoboDK will then connect to their software's API and control the robot, hence why the IP address in the video is configured to 127.0.0.1

if you have any further questions I'll gladly try and assist.

Thank you,

Phillip May

Do I have to use their software? I wanted to run a python script through a commandline or use VSCode.

Best,

Joshua
The connection should work using RoboDK only. Make sure you have a recent version of RoboDK installed. You shouldn't need to install other software.

If you have any issues you can share the log in your connection panel so we can better understand the problem.
(08-29-2023, 06:43 PM)Albert Wrote: The connection should work using RoboDK only. Make sure you have a recent version of RoboDK installed. You shouldn't need to install other software.

If you have any issues you can share the log in your connection panel so we can better understand the problem.

Seems like the connection is failing. Attached is an image of the log and connection failing.

Best,

Joshua

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You should make sure to select the correct driver for Wlkata robots:
  1. Select Connect-Connect robot
  2. Select More options
  3. Use the following driver: apiwlkata.py
The latest version will use the WlkataDriver.py by default. For some reason it doesn't have the default name with the current release.
(09-07-2023, 04:31 PM)Albert Wrote: You should make sure to select the correct driver for Wlkata robots:
  1. Select Connect-Connect robot
  2. Select More options
  3. Use the following driver: apiwlkata.py
The latest version will use the WlkataDriver.py by default. For some reason it doesn't have the default name with the current release.
 Thanks for the response. I have tried this and the Connection Status turns into: "Starting", "Not Started", then "Stopped". When I tried choose apiwlkata.py, it seemed like it was installing something, but doesn't connect successfully.

Attached Files Image(s)

Did you wait some time so the required packages could be installed?
Can you try again and send us a print screen of the Show log window?
(09-11-2023, 04:59 PM)Albert Wrote: Did you wait some time so the required packages could be installed?
Can you try again and send us a print screen of the Show log window?

Attached is the log window. Thanks for your continuous assistance.

Best,

Joshua

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Wlkata robot requires a serial COM port. Are you using a serial (RS232) connection? In this case you should enter COM1 in the IP/COM field (or the correct port used by your computer, COM2, COM3, ...).

To know the correct COM port you may need to open Window's device manager and look for the correct COM port.