Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Consultation on RoboDK parsing .nc files such as .Gcode of 3D Printing

Dear community

I met some issues when I created a 3D printing project by importing .gcode file. 

Firstly, when I added a file, RoboDK prompted me that some commands (G92) were not supported, as shown in the picture below.
Secondly, I have more than two printers working simultaneously, and the material deposition rates need to be constantly changed. So I added different characters, like U and V, to transfer the extrusion volume of each material, like "G1 X10 Y10 Z10 U10 F600". However, I can't find a method to obtain the U/V_value.
Thirdly, I realized from the examples that RoboDK provided more parameters, like %TOOL% and %ROBOT%, to meet cases where the command parameters are diverse. However, you know the general .gcode file for 3D Printing doesn't have these parameters, so if I want to add similar information to my .gcode file, what should I do?

As a result, I want to know if users can modify the rules for RoboDK to parse nc files.  In addition, is there any relevant documentation that explains the existing parsing rules in detail? 

Thanks for any advice!

Regards best!

Guoquan Zhang

Attached Files Image(s)

It is strange to see a Threading cycle with a 3D printing project. You usually find these warnings with robot machining projects.

Can you share the RDK project file and the G-code file generated by your slicer software? We can better investigate this warning.
Hello, Albert

Thanks for your reply!

The attachment is a simple file for testing, but it has all the necessary information, including G92, and G1 XYZ V U. Besides, due to the limitation of attachment file type, I changed the file extension of '.gcode' to '.nc'.

Thanks 
Guoquan Zhang

Attached Files
.rdk   Robot 3DP Test.rdk (Size: 31.68 MB / Downloads: 21)
.nc   Bracket (Clear PETG).nc (Size: 13.48 MB / Downloads: 22)
This message is misleading and you can ignore it. It should be harmless in your case for 3D printing with the main extruder.

However, RoboDK won't be able to pass through U and V commands to drive a 2nd and a 3rd extruder. On the other hand, you could integrate custom calls to swap the extruder being driven or call custom commands to drive other extruders.