Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Create a program with respect to a custom frame

Hello,

Is there any way to generate a program that has been created with the curve tracking project, so that it generates the points in relation to a defined frame, and does not generate them based on the robot?
Hi Alejandro,

I'm not 100% sure to understand your question, but I'll try my best answers.

1 - You should have your part/curve in the specific reference frame before selecting the curve via the "Curve Follow Project".
2 - You also need to make sure this part is at [0,0,0,0,0,0] with respect to the frame. If it's not the case, open the object panel, copy the object position, select "more options", paste the position in "Move geometry", select "apply move" and reset the values in the object position by selecting the 3 horizontal lines and "reset".
3 - In the CFP, select the right reference frame.

With that, the path should be created with respect to a reference frame.

Does your issue happen in RoboDK or on the real robot?

If it's on the robot, I'll need to know the robot brand ( and post-processor) you are using.

You can also move a step forward to make sure everything is exactly like you want.

4 - Right-click the program created by the CFP (white paper icon with the same name as the CFP) and select "Show instruction".
5 - Activate the reference frame you want (right-click the frame in the station tree -> "Activate frame")
6 - Select the first motion command of the program, press and hold shift and select the last one. "Right-click"->"Select targets".
7 - Replace the "SetFrame" automatically generated by the CFP by manual ones ("Right-Click" ->"Add instruction" -> "SetFrame")

Hope it helps.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

I didn't explain myself very well. First of all, thank you for your reply, I'll explain the process in detail.

1- I create a curve relative to a reference point, called Ref_enviroment.

2- I import the curve in robodk, and it is associated to this Ref_enviroment frame.

3- For processing reasons, the points must be relative to a frame (ref_plane), and this should be the origin of coordinates. If I load a point that is at (250.0, -500.0, 20.0) being under the the frame ref_plane (230.0, -520.0, -10.0) the final program should generate the point at (20.0, 20.0, 30.0).

I have to do this, so that the program loads the points under a feature plane.

This is an example, but I attach an rdk file with an import of the curve and the generated trajectory.

The robot is a UR10e, and the post used is Universal Robot URP.
Besides, I have to do this by script, which I don't know if it would be possible.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Attached Files
.rdk   Test_Enviroment.rdk (Size: 3.25 MB / Downloads: 388)
Hi Alejandro,

As for now, the Universal Robots URP post-processor does not support frame. Only the normal "Universal robots" post-processor does, but we need to send you a specific version of the post for that.
Do you own a professional version of RDK? If so, you can request that post by selecting, in RoboDK, "help"->"Request support".

Otherwise, you should follow these steps to make sure the object is set with respect to the right frame in RDK.
1 - Right-click the object in "Ref_Environment" -> "Change support" -> "Ref_Plane"
2 - You also need to make sure this part is at [0,0,0,0,0,0] with respect to the frame. If it's not the case, open the object panel, copy the object position, select "more options", paste the position in "Move geometry", select "apply move" and reset the values in the object position by selecting the 3 horizontal lines and "reset".

Jeremy
2 -
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy, due to work problems I have not been able to get back to you earlier. We currently have a professional version of RoboDK. But for the moment I will try the method you have suggested, and see how it goes.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards.