Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Create mechanism that isn't covered by the default mechanisms

When I use the "create mechanism" tool there are many options to choose from, but none of them fully fit my needs. What I need is a 3 linear axed (H bot) which also has a rotative axis as the end effector. Is it possible to create such a mechanism? I would need to combine the 2 default options (H bot and 1 rotative axis) somehow.
Are you trying to create a custom robot or is it something that already exist? I can create that type of mechanism if you share me the model and datasheet.
(02-20-2022, 03:14 PM)Olivier Wrote: Are you trying to create a custom robot or is it something that already exist? I can create that type of mechanism if you share me the model and datasheet.

It is a custom robot. I would like to learn how to create it myself if this is possible, I would appreciate if you could share some resources on how I can do this.
This type of mechanism is not yet supported in the user interface, however you can create a 1 axis rotation on top of a 2 axis linear mechanism, but you will need to create targets for both mechanisms.
In fact, we have such a mechanism, but it's hidden in the dev version.
I'll send you a quick email to let you know how to reach it.

It's a Hbot + 2 rotative, but you can simply "lock" on up.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

You did not activate the "receive email", so I can't help you for now.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(02-21-2022, 12:01 PM)Jeremy Wrote: In fact, we have such a mechanism, but it's hidden in the dev version.
I'll send you a quick email to let you know how to reach it.

It's a Hbot + 2 rotative, but you can simply "lock" on up.

Jeremy

Hello,
I planned to design a custom 3 linear + 1 rotative axis robot too and so I would be interested too to acceed to this functionnality.
Thanks in advance for the help.
My answer will be the same.
I won't post this function on the forum and I can't reach you via email.

Jeremy