Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Create target from point in csv

Hi all,

I'm new to RoboDK. I have a UR10e with a custom tool.
I have a point cloud of an object(X,Y,Z-format) in .csv-file format, which I am able to add to the station using LoadList() and make it static to the station using setParentStatic(station).
I could also add the point normals to the csv to calculate the tool orientation that is needed.
Is there a way to make a single point from the cloud a target to move the tool to?

Kind regards,
Dylan
Yes, you can create a point follow project:
  1. Select Utilities-Point Follow Project
  2. Then, Select points that you would like to move through
Can you share a sample RDK project and better describe how you would like to program your robot?

This function may be too much if you are looking for a quick alignment. You can try with Alt+Double click to move the robot to an object, or we may have a more suitable app for your purpose. 

Also, you could add ijk vectors to define the orientation of the approach target.
(06-23-2023, 09:53 AM)Albert Wrote: Yes, you can create a point follow project:
  1. Select Utilities-Point Follow Project
  2. Then, Select points that you would like to move through
Can you share a sample RDK project and better describe how you would like to program your robot?

This function may be too much if you are looking for a quick alignment. You can try with Alt+Double click to move the robot to an object, or we may have a more suitable app for your purpose. 

Also, you could add ijk vectors to define the orientation of the approach target.

Hi Albert, Thanks for replying!

So I have this .rdk project in which I have set up the components of my physical setup.
I have a UR10e with a LiDAR sensor mounted on top of it using the lidarmount and the mockup_lidar.
The point of view of this LiDAR is indicated by the reference frame POV.
After scanning the point cloud, the lidar and lidarmount are swapped for another tool(which i removed from the project due to an NDA on that matter).
In the python script that's in the project, using the RoboDK API, I retrieve the point cloud csv, put it into place from the POV reference frame and keep it static by using the setParentStatic function to the station Item, which acts as the ground reference plane.
I now want to select one of the points in the point cloud to be a target for a reinforcement learning algorithm.
This means that I would like to get the location and orientation for this point and use it as a Target point. Every point has a normal vector that I could invert to get the orientation of the approach target.

I hope this makes it clearer.
Kind regards,
Dylan