Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Creating a tool path on a part

How do you create a tool path on a part in RoboDK?
What type of tool path are you trying to create?

If you're referring to machining strategies such a rough milling or finishing passes etc then they really aren't what robodk does, for that the best way is to use a cad cam system that's really geared up for that, then load them into robodk.

I like to think of rdk as a gateway between the traditional cad/cam and the robot, and this makes it very powerful as you can create great tools paths for V carvings in something like aspire, or a very precise and technical machining tool paths in powermill or NX etc (insert favorite cam system as you choose) and they will all run well via RDK

If you just need to follow a curve or something like that then there are tutorials on the website.

Col
(02-24-2021, 08:10 PM)colinb83 Wrote: What type of tool path are you trying to create?

If you're referring to machining strategies such a rough milling or finishing passes etc then they really aren't what robodk does, for that the best way is to use a cad cam system that's really geared up for that, then load them into robodk.

I like to think of rdk as a gateway between the traditional cad/cam and the robot, and this makes it very powerful as you can create great tools paths for V carvings in something like aspire, or a very precise and technical machining tool paths in powermill or NX etc (insert favorite cam system as you choose) and they will all run well via RDK

If you just need to follow a curve or something like that then there are tutorials on the website.

Col

I was talking about a tool path as one followed in a milling process
Thank you for the response