Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Creating custom 6 axis robot

Hello!
I am interested in creating a custom 6 axis robot, but I think these axis dispositions are different from the ones on the "Model Mechanism or Robot" utility. I am attaching a picture of the system. Will it be possible to create a robot with the intended axes?
Thank you very much in advanced.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are axes 4, 5 and 6 intersecting?
Do you have a 3D model?
It is not easy to see the kinematics of your robot with the picture you shared.
[attachment=2607 Wrote:                 Albert pid='10395' dateline='1633080977']Are axes 4, 5 and 6 intersecting?
Do you have a 3D model?
It is not easy to see the kinematics of your robot with the picture you shared.

Hello Albert,
I built a very simple 3D model to show you the axis disposition.
My main restlessness is axis Theta 4, which would be different in RoboDK and in my design.
I would like to know if it will be possible to build a custom 6 axis with this disposition and any extra help on the angles values and references will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
Cheers!
Working the DH parameters from a pictures is not easy, but from what I can see, this robot is not standard and might require some custom kinematic to fully work.
I can look at your robot if send me the station with the 3D model if you wish.

Note that creating a reverse kinematic from scratch is not a easy task and can require a lot of work.
Hello Olivier,
I see.. I think I would change to a normal 6 DOF robotic arm.
I take the oportunity to ask, are there any plans of a post processor for Arduino in the near future?
Thank you very much.

Cheers!