Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve follow project for painting application

Hello everyone, 

I am working on a painting application with a Staubli RX160L.

My piece are a little bit complex and i cannot do a zig zag or cross painting path.
My trajectories are similar to a milling path.

So I choose to explore the tool Curve Follow Project.

I am really enjoy that my painting gun respect the trajectory but it's maybe too much for me because sometime the tool do weird things around z axis because the orientation of the curves are not always similar. 

I really want to keep at the maximum an orientation and a constant TCP speed.

How can I avoid theses problems ?

Thanks a lot 

Have a good day
Can you provide your .rdk station so that we can take a look? It can be a simplified version if there's confidential information in it.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

It's OK now I try to have the same orientation/normal when I export auto my curves. I do not understood at the beginning that following the pointing mouse direction, the normal would change... ?

Do you know which free software I can use to export my path and then import into RoboDK ?
I saw this functionnality in your video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW2Pxz4RoYc
We do not support any free software as of now, but some offer a free trial.
I think it's the case with Fusion 360.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel