Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve follow project - point spacing - Grasshopper

Hello.

I am struggling with the spacing of points for curves exported from grasshopper rhino (tried also to bake the curve and export it from rhino directly).

I know the question has already been asked in the following threads :

https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-No-of-Pa...rve-Follow
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Curve-fo...rve+follow

but for some reason, tweaking the options doesn't have any effect on the spacing of points.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug?
Is it possible to have a short video showing the procedure?

Thanks
I can't help with Grasshopper, but you can modify the point spacing in RDK by "Right-click" the curve -> "Split curve" ->"Set point spacing"

In Rhino, "Linear tolerance" will increase or decrease the number of points, but only if you have a curve.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thanks for your answer Jeremy. I did find the set point spacing in RDK.
However, for rhino, I tried baking the curve, and exporting it changing the linear tolerance value from 5 to 50, but didn't change anything in RDK.
In the grasshopper part of the documentation, it is said that "You can right click any component and select Robot Setup Options (RoboDK) to customize the settings specific to one component."
Also tried but didn't change anything as well in RDK, a bug? or is the issue between the screen and the keyboard on my side? :)

Thanks
From 5 to 50? Those numbers are way too high generally.
My go-to is between 0.25 and 0.001 mm.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Sorry for the late reply.
I actually have managed to work my way around.
Thanks for your support.
Can you share your solution with us?

Jeremy

I actually am not using the point spacing, I managed to export the curve directly from grasshopper, and this is working like a charm.
Great, at some point I would like to take a look at grasshopper if I ever have some free time... This is a scarces resource these days.
So if you ever have a small example, feel free to post it here.

Jeremy