Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve following project-non collision

.rdk   latest merge.rdk (Size: 3.25 MB / Downloads: 341)
.rdk   latest merge.rdk (Size: 3.25 MB / Downloads: 341) After long days unable to find non collision configuration.
The Camera2 isn't a must device, if some changes could solve problem-we can modify it.
As well, we rare looking for constant speed along the whole pass.
Also, MoveStep crashes.
Finally-disaster and robot arrives next week.
Could you please point where we are wrong?
Thanks.
Can you upload your station? i can take a look and see if i would be able to help
thank a lot.
I've uploaded, for some reasons even mote them once
Hi Malibor,

I looked at your station really quickly.
I think your issue is that you are trying to manage all curves in one single Curve Follow project.
I would recommend a "Divide to conquer" approach for this one.
You can then link all the subprograms you created using a Main program.
This approach is more flexible as you can reposition the robot arm between the paths to avoid collisions.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thank you.
The robot is a part of the station and is mounted “stationary “, so we can’t reposition it between the programs.
I’de divided the project to few curves, still no solution to cover all curved w/o collision.
Maybe we are not selecting best robot configuration?
Hi Malibor, 

I'm not talking about repositioning the robot, but repositioning the tool and the arm configuration between passes. 

I did some tests and I feel like it's not possible to achieve what you are looking for with your current setup. 
Some points are either too close or too far from the robot base. 
Here's a print screen showing the "too close" situation. 

There is no space for the tool between the robot and the part. 
And if I move the robot further away, I can't reach the further points. 

You have a few options here, the most obvious one is to take a bigger robot. 
The other option is to fix the robot to either the selling or the wall of the station. 
By moving the base of the robot away from the part while still keeping the robot within the working range should help. 

Another thing you could envision is to cut the circle path in the parts. You could then start from the lower part, inspect your way to the top, then go back to the other "lower" section and move to the top again. That would also reduce the required range of the robot. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.rdk   latest merge (1).rdk (Size: 3.26 MB / Downloads: 354)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Got it.
Thank a lot, will go with your suggestion Jeremy.
During the curve movement we capture video and then need to know exact position for each frame.Looks like we have 2 options:
-somehow define very stable constant robot speed and then recalculate position based on time (not sure it'll be precise enough).
-split curve to required number of points (1deg in our case) and them move from point to point-looks like preferred option.Can you recommend method for it? There are some scripts in RoboDk installation library, any of them could be used ?
Thank you.
Hi Malibor,

I need to send you the quote we've talked about together.
I wanted to do some tests before sending it to you to have an idea of how much time that would represent, which I did. But I never found the time to send you a proposition.
The best way would be to use a python script to create the points, then feed this info directly to a "Point Follow Project" and trigger the inspection action on each point.
That would be the best way to deal with that I think.

Jeremyb