Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve offset in RoboDK

Hi,
I use the Rhino Add-in for RoboDK. I generate curves for a mill to follow (held by a robot). 
In Rhino I make a curve that has an offset of half de diameter of the mill w.r.t. the line to mill. Then I use the Add-in to convert the curve to RoboDK and there I create a Curve Follow Project.

When the diameter of the mill would change later in the project, I need to go back to Rhino and make new offset curves, etc.

It would be great to have a tool / utility in RoboDK to give a curve an Offset w.r.t. it's original position.
If some kind of workaround already exists, I would be glad to hear it!

Best regards,
Emile
If you have the latest version of RDK, go to your Curve Follow Project, select "edit path setting" and use the Offset parameters. (will work in some cases, won't work in other cases if the radius of a curve is too small).

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Ok, thanks. Good thing this feature is implemented in the new version! Unfortunately I'm working with version v5.2.1
unfortunate indeed...
Sorry for that.
If you are still under maintenance you can update to the latest version of the software.
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel