Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Custom Robot Cartesian Movements

I have a custom robot that I am trying to model using the mechanism modeler. This robot does not really match any of the options in the modeler, because it only has five joints (instead of the traditional six axes industrial robot). To make things worse, J6's axis of rotation does not intersect J5's axis of rotation. To combat this, I was able to use six axes mechanism model, ignoring axes 4 and 6, to get my first four linkages to move properly, then I modeled my last linkage (which includes a solid mount gripper) as a turntable, which I mounted on the end of the modified six axes mechanism. The robot movements work properly when jogging the axes with joint axes jog slider, but, when I try to move a TCP, related to the 6 axes mechanism, using cartesian coordinates, nothing moves. I will add that there is a TCP related to the robot, and a TCP related to the turntable axis. Am I missing something that would allow my to move the robot TCP with cartesian coordinates, or is this not possible with this software?
Can you provide a print screen of your robot model?

It's possible you just can't modelize your specific type of robot with RDK.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thank you for your response, Jeremy. Unfortunately, I cannot post an exact screenshot of the robot, but I drew up a quick sketch that shows the dynamics of the robot, including the fixed base and the direction of the rotation of each axis. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can't really help you with that here.

If you own a professional license of RoboDK, you can select "help"->"Request support" to contact us directly.

I'm not promising anything.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel