Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Custom post processor for Fanuc

Hello everybody,

I am trying to do the following thing:

I have 1 main program and 2 sub programs with the movements. The reason I separated it that way is that the movements are made with the option "Remote TCP". Thats why I made a custom post processor that adds "RTCP" string to the end of a L-point. The other custom post processor I made is to export this main programm that doesnt export sub programms but the error message I get is following (see attachment)

Does anybody have any idea why this happens and how to solve this issue?

Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
Tom
Hi Tom,

There is no image attached.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

sorry, here another try.

Thank you!

Also one more question:
is it possible to add a custom string only for linear motions? My Fanuc wont accept the program where there is a J point with custom string "RTCP" at the end. Unfortunately, I dont know how to export a program made by "Follow curve project" without first J point.

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Tom

Attached Files Image(s)

This seems to be because you modified the MoveJ and used either the pose or another component not provided by RDK.

You should take a look at this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...CCTdy-p7GW
open the excel spread sheet and look for Module 19 - Post-processor
This should give you some insight you might be missing.

For the MoveJ issue, you can either properly modify the post after you looked at the videos or you can "right-click" the generated program in RDK -> "Show instruction" and delete the first MoveJ. Be careful though, this MoveJ is there so that your robot picks a defined configuration as a starting point.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for your answer.

I generally dont have anything against leaving MoveJ at the beginning of the program (and I know its good because of arm configuration), only that if I leave "RTCP" string at the end of MoveJ instruction, Fanuc controller won't accept it. I taught to copy it outside in my main program so it would still be there but my "RTCP" custom sting problem will be solved :-)

I will take a look at the spreadsheet and try to do my best :-)

Are there any other instructions that are possible to use in Post processor other than those in "Fanuc iA.py"?

Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
Tom
If you just have this issue with the MoveJ, simply don<t add the string to the "def MoveJ" section of the post, keep it in the "def MoveL".
You can do pretty much whatever you want with the post-processor.

What are you trying to do?

Jeremy

Thank you for your reply.

I would change it but I don't have a post processor opened (only compiled version). Any chance you send it to me if I send you my licence in pm?

If I would be able to change it in the post processor, then I don't have to make 1 main program and 2 subprograms, I could do it all in one program and it would be much simpler for me and my customer :-)

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Tom
If you have a license under maintenance, simply select "help"->"request support" and ask for the uncompiled version of the post-processor.

Jeremy