Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cycle time differences

I'm just learning this program and I'm having trouble with cycle time. On a real robot, this time is about 28 seconds, while in RoboDK it is 2-3 seconds, no matter what speed you set. What could be the reason for this? I attach the project with this problem in the attachment.
There're many reasons for this.

Did you properly set the speed and acceleration of the robot in RoboDK?
Do the speed and acceleration use on the robot match the ones set in RoboDK?

Did you use rounding in RoboDK?
Did you use rounding on the robot?

Did you properly limit the Joint speed and acceleration of the robot?

You also need to change "Tools"->"Options"->"Motion"->"Move time calculation (linear vs jointspeed)"->"Strictest constraints"

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello,

Sorry to ask such a basic question.
As for “Move time calculation (linear vs joint speed)” Jeremy mentioned in this post, I do not understand what differences there are.
I am quite new in robotics and in which case I should use which one.
Could someone clarify the difference?

Best Regards,
Hiroe
You should use "Strictest constraints" as soon as you want to calculate a real cycle time. The default setting is purely for simulation.

The difference is that "Strictest constraints" will make sure that the maximum joint speed isn't over shooted when doing a linear motion.
You can theoretically ask the robot to reach any linear speed, but the maximum joint speed will be your actual limit.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Dear Jeremy,

I see. Thank you for your instruction.
Should we enter the value of maximum joint speed for each robot at “set speed instruction” , should we ?

Best Regards,
Hiroe
If you don't change the Joint speed in the program, you can simply change it in the general robot parameters.

"Double-click" the robot -> "Parameters" -> "Joint Speed"

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
There's just one more thing I would like to know...
Is it possible for RoboDK to set maximum speed and acceleration for each joint?
Unfortunately no, it's not possible.

There's a "Request new features" section in the forum if you think it could be a great feature to add and why.

Jeremy