Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Denso RC7 Connection

Hello, 

I have followed a few of the forum posts about connecting to the Denso RC7 controller. 

1. I successfully connect to the Denso Robot using IP address 192.168.0.1 in Denso WincapsIII.
2. I have edited Apidenso to false for rc8 or later. 
3. I have gone through the videos posted by another enabling the Bcap server and enabling ORiN 

I have not been able to connect to the robot successfully. When I try and hit connect, I sometimes get a 2031 error message saying that the program is not found.   I was hoping that with the images provided, I could get some assistance on what is left to try and figure out on this robot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Under what circumstances do you get the error message 2031 saying that the program is not found?

Have you tried running a joint movement?
I get the error message as soon as I hit the connect button.

Steps.
1. press connect button
2. half a second later 2031 error pops up on the controller
3. connection status continuously states unknown status.
4. the log image that I posted is all that I received.

I never establish a connection. I can not get a joint location and I can not move or use the robot through RoboDK.
@Albert

Could you please shed some light on this subject? I'm hoping there is an improper formatting issue and that this should be an easy resolution.
I'm not sure what this error could be. You may see an unknown status flag but other commands may still work. Do you see any other commands you can run?

Does it work if you click on Get robot position?
@Albert

No, when I click get positon the RoboDK will not get the current robot position. I know RoboDK is at least talking with the controller as the robot controller has no error until I select the Connect button. The robot and controller have no issues and I have been able to connect to Robodk with an RC8 controller previously. I have tried to look at other posts regarding Denso, and I have tried to follow other missing steps, like enabling the Bcap server, etc. I think it has to do something with the T0 and W0 commands that the RC7 doesn't like.
I'm not sure what else we could try. It could be this is a compatibility problem with your specific controller RC7. It would be better if you contact us by email so we can better help you troubleshoot with a call:
https://robodk.com/contact