Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Differences in functionality between edu and pro license

Prior to purchasing a license, I have a question about the functional difference between an educational license and a professional licese.

I'm going to use the KUKa robot to import the KUKA *.src file through Python to simulate it. At this point, I want to bring my own custom turntable model into the robot and use it for simulation by adding a mechanism to the simulation.

I Checked the 'Support for turntable and linear rail' part of the description of the professional license. But I want to know if I can't do what I want because the educational license doesn't have the 'Support for turntable and linear rail' part.

I asked robodk chatbot
"the difference between the educational license and the professional license is that professional license has a robodk self-made turntable model, and the educational license cant' use it and I have to make a turntable separately, right?"
and answer was, 
"No, the difference between the educational license and the professional license is that the professional license allows you to use all of the features of RoboDK, including the self-made turntable model, while the educational license only allows you to use the basic features of RoboDK".
And then I asked again 
"So what's the difference between all functions and basic functions?"
and answer was,
"The difference between all functions and basic functions is that all functions are more complex and can be used to manipulate objects during simulation, while basic functions are simpler and can be used to perform basic tasks."
In addition, when I asked
"Tell me specifically about more complex things and using manipulator objects during simulations", I did not get and answer about that, so I would like to know about this.

In summary, first, I want to know if I can use the work I want for the educational license and second, I want to know about 'Support for turntable and linear rail' in the professional license, as I asked the chatbot.

Thank you for reading the long article and I look forward to reply.
Educational licenses are sold to universities only and they should not be used for prodcution purposes. Educational licenses include all simulation and offline programming features. If you are unsure it is better if you contact us through our contact form:
https://robodk.com/contact

Purchasing a license directly from our website may result in a refund or a non complete purchase if the purchase is not made by a university.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the misleading answer from the Chatbot. You should find the correct information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Basic-Guide.html#Support