Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Display accurate axis angles joint axis jog window

Hello, 

we are currently working on a rigid body dynamics simulation where we model the joints based on movements we created in Robo dk. When comparing the movements with the same joint angles the movements didn't match up. We realized that the joint axis jog panel moves the motors from J2 and J3 when only an J2 movement is done and keeps the alignment of the tool. 

Is it possible to set the settings for the robot and the axis jog panel that only a single axis can be moved or the multi axis movement angles are displayed correctly. I attached some pictures to visualize the problem. 

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you share the .robot file or the RDK project? Did you create this robot yourself or did you take it from the library?

It looks like a Fanuc robot, you should properly configure the axis coupling values in the Parameters section of the robot panel.
Hello Albert,

thanks for the help. I am relatively new to the topic and the hint with joint coupling was exactly what i needed. I could resolve my problem and now have the data in the format needed. 
The Robot is a Fanuc Robot from the library which had active coupling between J2 and J3 as standard.
Thank you for your feedback. I've never seen a Fanuc robot without a J2/J3 joint coupling.

Did you change this setting with your controller? If not, do you know what models this coupling change applies to?